Are you visiting Mexico City and need to store your luggage somewhere safe to enjoy your day?
In this article, you will find options to store luggage in CDMX in a safe way and also at an affordable price for you. We also provide you with a guide to Mexico City so you can make the most of your visit and get to know the immense wealth that this city treasures.
Mexico City is the capital of the country and daily hosts thousands of tourists, who are witnesses of the historical, cultural and gastronomic richness of this city.
Whether you decide to explore the city on foot, by bike or by public transportation, you will find new reasons to be surprised at every step. In addition, its climate is very pleasant during most of the year so you can enjoy sunny days and cool nights while walking through the streets of this historic city.
Enjoy your visit to Mexico City without having to carry your luggage! You have two options:
You can store your luggage at the Mexico City airport paying $150 MXN per locker. You can find the lockers in Terminal 1 which is located near gates one and eight.
Qeepl offers secure luggage storage spaces through its lockers, where you can store your suitcases, backpacks, and even your coat. Each of your belongings will be safely stored and cared for until you want or need to pick them up.
But how does Qeepl’s service work? Qeepl’s online system, either through its website or its mobile app, allows you to search, find and book the nearest drop-off point or the one that best suits your needs.
Once you have made a reservation at the selected locker, you will receive the details of your reservation, including the address where you will store your belongings as well as the confirmation number.
Mexico City has a wide variety of means of transportation, which you could use during your visit by choosing the one that best suits your taste and budget.
The city’s public transportation includes the trolleybus, light rail, metro, metrobus, microbus, RTP, Mexibus and Cablebus. If you decide to use any of these means of transportation, we recommend you purchase the Integrated Mobility Card, which is a one-time purchase at a price of $15 MXN and then you only need to recharge it with the balance you want to use the transportation.
Important fact: If you need to go from the Mexico City Airport to Downtown, you can take Metrobus line 4, which will take you to the historic center. To take the Metrobus you must go to Terminal 1 at gate 7 or to Terminal 2 at gate 2 of the airport.
The best restaurants
- El Mayor. The terrace of the famous Porrua bookstore, you will find this restaurant that celebrates Mexican cuisine and also has a spectacular view of the archaeological site of the Templo Mayor. Don’t leave without visiting it!
- El Balcón del Zócalox. Restaurant where you can enjoy dishes made with traditional ingredients from different parts of Mexico while admiring the beautiful Metropolitan Cathedral and the National Palace.
- Historical blue. If you want to taste the delicious Mexican gastronomy at a very affordable price, this place is for you. Also, don’t forget to ask for the monthly typical food festival, you will love it.
- Limosneros. Located in the historic center, in this restaurant you can enjoy traditional Mexican ingredients and techniques with a contemporary touch.
- Café de Tacuba. Founded in 1912, this is one of the best restaurants in Mexico City. Its decoration and live music will transport you to different periods of Mexico’s history.
Places to visit
- Templo Mayor Museum. Learn a little of Mexico’s history in this precinct that houses a collection of more than 7,000 objects, ruins of the Templo Mayor of Tenochtitlan and some surrounding buildings.Admission: $85
- Xochimilco. Flowers, colors, flavors, art and music is what you will find in the canals of Xochimilco. You can take a ride in one of the famous and colorful gondolas to admire the scenery and spend a pleasant time while enjoying Mexican snacks accompanied by mariachis.
- Chapultepec Castle. With a neoclassical architectural design, this castle was the home of Emperor Maximilian of Habsburg and has witnessed numerous historical events in Mexico. It currently has a collection of objects, documents, photographs and paintings, with which you can learn about each of the historical stages of the country.
- Teotihuacan. Visit one of the largest cities in Mesoamerica during the pre-Hispanic era. In this archaeological zone you will be able to contemplate the streets, corridors, patios and rooms that formed this great city.
- Palace of Fine Arts. If you want to make an artistic visit to get to know the wonderful art and culture of Mexico, without a doubt, make a note of this place in your itinerary. Here you can enjoy permanent exhibitions, as well as lectures, workshops and activities for all kinds of audiences. Admission: $80
Where to stay
If you still haven’t decided where to stay while in Mexico City, we recommend some options that will surely please you and make your visit an unforgettable experience.
We hope this article has been useful to plan your visit to Mexico City and that you can enjoy all that this beautiful city has to offer to its visitors. Remember that with Qeepl you have a safe option to store luggage in CDMX.