John F. Kennedy International Airport, referred to as JFK Airport, is an international airport in New York City, U.S., based in the borough of Queens. It is one of the most important airports across New York City. A bustling international passenger gateway into North America, it is the sixth-busiest airport across the USA and the 20th-busiest airport worldwide. The airport flies no less than ninety airlines. While a few include direct flights, the rest take the passengers nonstop to different places in all six inhabited continents.
JFK is 26 km (16 miles) in the Jamaica neighborhood of Queens towards the southeast of Midtown Manhattan. There are four runways and six passenger terminals at the international airport.
The JFK AirTrain is the quickest and most convenient means of getting around JFK Airport. All passenger terminals are connected to airport parking lots, hotel shuttle pick-up areas, rental car centers, and NYC’s public transportation network at Jamaica and Howard Beach Stations. The subway, the Long Island Rail Road, and public buses are available. AirTrain JFK is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Luggage Storage John F. Kennedy International Airport is limited because of security reasons. You can consider storing your baggage at the JFK Airport Terminal, designated for luggage storage. However, it can add up to the cost and the number of luggage you are carrying.
So, if you are on a short trip or at a long layover and considering storing your luggage with safety and confidence, Qeepl’s Luggage Storage Service will help you. Qeepl offers luggage lockers for safe baggage storage options. Qeepl’s luggage storage facility helps to store your baggage and other amenities safely.
Each Terminal’s AirTrain station is located next to the corresponding short-term parking lot, which is color-coded.
Near Lefferts Boulevard Station, connected to the terminals via the Howard Beach AirTrain line, there are long-term parking lots.
Daily Red, Orange and Green Garages/Short-term (Adjacent to JFK Airport Terminals 1, 2, 7 and 8
- $4 for half an hour
- $4 for a part or each additional half an hour (you are charged with half-hour increments till you reach the daily maximum limit)
- $36 for 24 hours maximum
- Daily Yellow or Blue Garage/Short-term (Adjacent to JFK Airport Terminals 4 and 5
- $6 for half an hour
- $6 for a part or each additional half an hour (you are charged with half-hour increments till you reach the daily maximum limit)
- $42 for 24 hours maximum
- Economy Lot/Long-term (at approximately 4 miles from the JFK Airport Terminals 1 through 8, at Lefferts Boulevard.
- $20 for the first 24 hours
- $10 for a part or 12 hours, over 24 hours (you are charged with half-hour increments till you reach the daily maximum limit)
Near JFK, there are various hotels and motels to choose from, many of which provide hotel courtesy shuttles. Take the AirTrain to Federal Circle Station to connect with a courtesy shuttle service.
John F. Kennedy has several stunning places around where you can spend time visiting.
The 39-acre gardens, an extension of Corona Park, were a staple of the 1939 World’s Fair and provided a peaceful contrast to Manhattan’s steel cityscape. This location is particularly appealing to flyers looking for fresh air while traveling with their entire family.
The Rockaway Peninsula, popular among locals as a convenient beach spot in the summer, provides a seaside escape from the crowded airport scene for people with JFK layovers. Coming from the airport, take the A train to Howard Beach and get off at the Beach 90 stop, where you can either sunbathe with the locals in the summer or explore the boardwalk area in the winter.
Travelers seeking a little more excitement can head a few minutes down the road to the Resorts World Casino, which is less than three miles from the airport. Instead of wasting time on a short flight turnaround, try your luck at blackjack, craps, or roulette. A full bar and a food court are also available at the casino.
Some places to eat across various JFK Terminal are:
- Eat & Go Istanbul: Try their Turkish cuisine, from gyros to peynirli toast. You should also have baklava, pastries and other sweets.
- JikJi Café: JikJi Café is a counter-service restaurant. Have their Japanese and Korean cuisines with kimbap, udon noodle soup, and bulgogi.
- Wok & Roll: Don’t forget to taste their sour and sweet Chicken soup.
- Bento Sushi: Have donburi rice bowls and grab-and-go sushi.
- Buffalo Wild Wings: This place is famous for its finger-licking chicken dishes.
- Camden Foods: They have a variety of sandwiches.
- Le Grand Comptoir: Le Grand Comptoir is a self-contained wine bar that also serves charcuterie and cheese.
- 5ive Steak: Grab some sushi, steak, burgers, sandwiches, and salads from here.
- Deep Fly Market: One of the best sushi restaurants you’ll ever find at an airport.
- New York Sports Grill: It offers a variety of sandwiches and burgers.
- Dunkin’ Donuts: Refresh yourself with coffee and donuts.
- Abitino’s Pizza Go for pre-made pizza and pasta.
- Cibo Express Gourmet Market: This is a convenience store with a grab-and-go fare.
- Mezze Cafe Express: Grab some baked goods, wraps, and paninis.
When it comes to New York, JFK airport is at the top of the list. Because JFK airport is North America’s busiest hub, luggage storage service is essential. You can easily roam around NYC by storing your luggage at our JFK Airport baggage storage location. Qeepl provides secured luggage storage near JFK Airport. So, you can travel with your hands-free.
There are many exciting tourist attractions in NYC that you should see. So, it is advisable to leave your luggage behind safely with Qeepl and explore the beautiful city.
Are you on a long or short layover? Don’t want to book a hotel but thinking, “Where can I leave my luggage in John F. Kennedy International Airport?” If yes, then Qeepl’s luggage storage facility can help you. We let you store your luggage at the luggage locker safely.
Booking or reserving a luggage storage space is now easier. Just visit our website and reserve your space. Our baggage storage facility operates across various NYC locations, and the prices are affordable!